"Renta Womb"

7:57 AM Edit This 2 Comments »
I think this is a great name for a surrogacy agency. After doing some research and seeing how much a surrogacy cost I may start my own agency. We have found cost that range from $60,000 to $150,000. This floors me. I think international adoptions is a little less than that. But, regardless, we do not have that kind of money laying around. We have no clue as to how we are going to even begin paying for something like this. I have been brainstorming some ideas.
1. Terminate our YMCA membership. That is almost $60 a month.
2. I am willing to give up playing World of Warcraft. That's $180 a year.
3. I am willing to look for a second job.
4. I'm not sure that I can donate plasma because of my MS, but if Ryan is willing to, I think you get paid to do that.
5. Look for a bank for financial institution that will give us a loan. They are out there, we found some.
6. Look for grants and research if there is government assistance or some kind of financial assistance programs (aside from the $11,000 tax return for adoption) out there.
7. I told Ryan I'd become a stripper, but he thought that was not a good idea since I'm a teacher. So, I told him he could become one. He wasn't fond of that idea.
8. I told Ryan he could become my pimp. Again, he's not fond of that idea.....lol

The more I think about it, the more I think I want to do surrogacy. We have eggs and we have sperm. We just don't have a good uterus to carry the baby in. If we did surrogacy the baby would biologically be ours. I think it sounds like a great idea. However, Indiana law allows a lawyer to go to court and request that the fathers name be put on the birth certificate. When the baby is born the surrogate signs off on parental rights, leaving the father with sole custody. As the mother, I would have to adopt the baby. This to me is crazy that I would have to adopt my own biological child, but I'm willing to do what it takes.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Seriously, you'd have to adopt your own child??? That is both weird and ridiculous, but like you said, whatever it takes.

I hope you are able to find an affordable agency and find a way to make it work, my thoughts are with you guys!

Unknown said...

Wow - I don't even know what to say. I am so sorry that you are going through all this. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you guys.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones